Meaning & Definition of Production in English
1. The act or process of producing something
- "Shakespeare's production of poetry was enormous"
- "The production of white blood cells"
2. A presentation for the stage or screen or radio or television
- "Have you seen the new production of hamlet?"
3. An artifact that has been created by someone or some process
- "They improve their product every year"
- "They export most of their agricultural production"
4. (law) the act of exhibiting in a court of law
- "The appellate court demanded the production of all documents"
5. The quantity of something (as a commodity) that is created (usually within a given period of time)
- "Production was up in the second quarter"
6. A display that is exaggerated or unduly complicated
- "She tends to make a big production out of nothing"
7. (economics) manufacturing or mining or growing something (usually in large quantities) for sale
- "He introduced more efficient methods of production"
8. The creation of value or wealth by producing goods and services