Meaning & Definition of Produce in English
1. Fresh fruits and vegetable grown for the market
- green goods,
- green groceries,
- garden truck
1. Bring forth or yield
- "The tree would not produce fruit"
- bring forth
2. Create or manufacture a man-made product
- "We produce more cars than we can sell"
- "The company has been making toys for two centuries"
3. Cause to happen, occur or exist
- "This procedure produces a curious effect"
- "The new law gave rise to many complaints"
- "These chemicals produce a noxious vapor"
- "The new president must bring about a change in the health care system"
- bring about,
- give rise
4. Bring out for display
- "The proud father produced many pictures of his baby"
- "The accused brought forth a letter in court that he claims exonerates him"
- bring forth
5. Cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques
- "The bordeaux region produces great red wines"
- "They produce good ham in parma"
- "We grow wheat here"
- "We raise hogs here"
6. Bring onto the market or release
- "Produce a movie"
- "Bring out a book"
- "Produce a new play"
- bring on,
- bring out
7. Come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)
- "He grew a beard"
- "The patient developed abdominal pains"
- "I got funny spots all over my body"
- "Well-developed breasts"