Meaning & Definition of Probe in English
1. An inquiry into unfamiliar or questionable activities
- "There was a congressional probe into the scandal"
2. A flexible slender surgical instrument with a blunt end that is used to explore wounds or body cavities
3. An exploratory action or expedition
4. An investigation conducted using a flexible surgical instrument to explore an injury or a body cavity
1. Question or examine thoroughly and closely
2. Examine physically with or as if with a probe
- "Probe an anthill"
- dig into,
- poke into