Meaning & Definition of Preoccupied in English
1. Deeply absorbed in thought
- "As distant and bemused as a professor listening to the prattling of his freshman class"
- "Lost in thought"
- "A preoccupied frown"
- bemused ,
- deep in thought(p) ,
- lost(p) ,
2. Having or showing excessive or compulsive concern with something
- "Became more and more haunted by the stupid riddle"
- "Was absolutely obsessed with the girl"
- "Got no help from his wife who was preoccupied with the children"
- "He was taken up in worry for the old woman"
- haunted ,
- obsessed ,
- preoccupied ,
- taken up(p)
Examples of using
He is preoccupied with something else.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana