Meaning & Definition of Pregnant in English
1. Carrying developing offspring within the body or being about to produce new life
2. Rich in significance or implication
- "A meaning look"
- meaning(a) ,
- pregnant ,
3. Filled with or attended with
- "Words fraught with meaning"
- "An incident fraught with danger"
- "A silence pregnant with suspense"
- fraught(p) ,
Examples of using
You should have thought of that before you got her pregnant.
Some companies discriminate against women who are pregnant or who say that they intend to have children.
Mary is two months pregnant.