Meaning & Definition of Precisely in English
1. Indicating exactness or preciseness
- "He was doing precisely (or exactly) what she had told him to do"
- "It was just as he said--the jewel was gone"
- "It has just enough salt"
2. In a precise manner
- "She always expressed herself precisely"
3. Just as it should be
- "`precisely, my lord,' he said"
- on the nose,
- on the dot,
- on the button
Examples of using
Clava loves all things irrational, and works at the kindergarten for precisely that reason.