Meaning & Definition of Practical in English
1. Concerned with actual use or practice
- "He is a very practical person"
- "The idea had no practical application"
- "A practical knowledge of japanese"
- "Woodworking is a practical art"
2. Guided by practical experience and observation rather than theory
- "A hardheaded appraisal of our position"
- "A hard-nosed labor leader"
- "Completely practical in his approach to business"
- "Not ideology but pragmatic politics"
- hardheaded ,
- hard-nosed ,
- practical ,
3. Being actually such in almost every respect
- "A practical failure"
- "The once elegant temple lay in virtual ruin"
- virtual(a) ,
4. Having or put to a practical purpose or use
- "Practical mathematics"
- "Practical applications of calculus"
Examples of using
I love practical jokes.
His ideas are always practical.
The English are a practical people.
It's practical to have a laptop.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana