Meaning & Definition of Possibly in English
1. By chance
- "Perhaps she will call tomorrow"
- "We may possibly run into them at the concert"
- "It may peradventure be thought that there never was such a time"
- possibly ,
- perchance ,
- perhaps ,
- maybe ,
- mayhap ,
2. To a degree possible of achievement or by possible means
- "They can't possibly get here in time for the funeral?"
Examples of using
What could they possibly tell us that we don't already know.
He possibly argued with his wife, but certainly did not beat her.
She might possibly know the answer.
I cannot possibly help you.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana