Meaning & Definition of Portrait in English
1. A word picture of a person's appearance and character
- portrayal ,
- portraiture ,
2. Any likeness of a person, in any medium
- "The photographer made excellent portraits"
- portrait ,
Examples of using
Do you see the portrait?
It's the portrait of misery.
The portrait looks exactly like the real thing.
The portrait was taken from the wall.
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or a picture or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana