Meaning & Definition of Popular in English
1. Regarded with great favor, approval, or affection especially by the general public
- "A popular tourist attraction"
- "A popular girl"
- "Cabbage patch dolls are no longer popular"
2. Carried on by or for the people (or citizens) at large
- "The popular vote"
- "Popular representation"
- "Institutions of popular government"
3. Representing or appealing to or adapted for the benefit of the people at large
- "Democratic art forms"
- "A democratic or popular movement"
- "Popular thought"
- "Popular science"
- "Popular fiction"
- democratic ,
4. (of music or art) new and of general appeal (especially among young people)
- popular ,