Meaning & Definition of Poorly in English
1. Somewhat ill or prone to illness
- "My poor ailing grandmother"
- "Feeling a bit indisposed today"
- "You look a little peaked"
- "Feeling poorly"
- "A sickly child"
- "Is unwell and can't come to work"
- ailing ,
- indisposed ,
- peaked(p) ,
- poorly(p) ,
- sickly ,
- unwell ,
- under the weather ,
1. (`ill' is often used as a combining form) in a poor or improper or unsatisfactory manner
- Not well
- "He was ill prepared"
- "It ill befits a man to betray old friends"
- "The car runs badly"
- "He performed badly on the exam"
- "The team played poorly"
- "Ill-fitting clothes"
- "An ill-conceived plan"
- ill ,
- badly ,
Examples of using
Tatoeba: Where nothing ruins a passionate night of sentence-making like a poorly placed comma or, even worse, a careless typo.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana