Meaning & Definition of Poised in English
1. Marked by balance or equilibrium and readiness for action
- "A gull in poised flight"
- "George's poised hammer"
2. In full control of your faculties
- "The witness remained collected throughout the cross-examination"
- "Perfectly poised and sure of himself"
- "More self-contained and more dependable than many of the early frontiersmen"
- "Strong and self-possessed in the face of trouble"
- collected ,
- equanimous ,
- poised ,
- self-collected ,
- self-contained ,
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana