Meaning & Definition of Pocket in English
1. A small pouch inside a garment for carrying small articles
2. An enclosed space
- "The trapped miners found a pocket of air"
- pouch ,
- sac ,
- sack ,
3. A supply of money
- "They dipped into the taxpayers' pockets"
4. (bowling) the space between the headpin and the pins behind it on the right or left
- "The ball hit the pocket and gave him a perfect strike"
5. A hollow concave shape made by removing something
- scoop ,
6. A local region of low pressure or descending air that causes a plane to lose height suddenly
- air pocket ,
- air hole
7. A small isolated group of people
- "They were concentrated in pockets inside the city"
- "The battle was won except for cleaning up pockets of resistance"
8. (anatomy) saclike structure in any of various animals (as a marsupial or gopher or pelican)
- pouch ,
9. An opening at the corner or on the side of a billiard table into which billiard balls are struck
1. Put in one's pocket
- "He pocketed the change"
2. Take unlawfully