Meaning & Definition of Plump in English
1. The sound of a sudden heavy fall
1. Drop sharply
- "The stock market plummeted"
- plummet ,
2. Set (something or oneself) down with or as if with a noise
- "He planked the money on the table"
- "He planked himself into the sofa"
- plank ,
- flump ,
- plonk ,
- plop ,
- plunk ,
- plump down ,
- plunk down ,
3. Make fat or plump
- "We will plump out that poor starving child"
- fatten ,
- fat ,
- flesh out ,
- fill out ,
- plump ,
- plump out ,
- fatten out ,
- fatten up
4. Give support (to) or make a choice (of) one out of a group or number
- "I plumped for the losing candidates"
- plump ,
1. Sufficiently fat so as to have a pleasing fullness of figure
- "A chubby child"
- "Pleasingly plump"
- chubby ,
- embonpoint ,
1. Straight down especially heavily or abruptly
- "The anchor fell plump into the sea"
- "We dropped the rock plump into the water"
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana