Meaning & Definition of Pinched in English
1. Sounding as if the nose were pinched
- "A whining nasal voice"
- adenoidal ,
- pinched ,
2. Very thin especially from disease or hunger or cold
- "Emaciated bony hands"
- "A nightmare population of gaunt men and skeletal boys"
- "Eyes were haggard and cavernous"
- "Small pinched faces"
- "Kept life in his wasted frame only by grim concentration"
- bony ,
- cadaverous ,
- emaciated ,
- gaunt ,
- haggard ,
- pinched ,
- skeletal ,
3. Not having enough money to pay for necessities
- hard up ,
- impecunious ,
- in straitened circumstances(p) ,
- penniless ,
- penurious ,
4. As if squeezed uncomfortably tight
- "Her pinched toes in her pointed shoes were killing her"
Examples of using
Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
She pinched him.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana