Meaning & Definition of Pesky in English
1. Causing irritation or annoyance
- "Tapping an annoying rhythm on his glass with his fork"
- "Aircraft noise is particularly bothersome near the airport"
- "Found it galling to have to ask permission"
- "An irritating delay"
- "Nettlesome paperwork"
- "A pesky mosquito"
- "Swarms of pestering gnats"
- "A plaguey newfangled safety catch"
- "A teasing and persistent thought annoyed him"
- "A vexatious child"
- "It is vexing to have to admit you are wrong"
- annoying ,
- bothersome ,
- galling ,
- irritating ,
- nettlesome ,
- pesky ,
- pestering ,
- pestiferous ,
- plaguy ,
- plaguey ,
- teasing ,
- vexatious ,
Examples of using
There's a pesky wrinkle on my shirt that I just can't get the iron to remove.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana