Meaning & Definition of Percent in English
1. A proportion in relation to a whole (which is usually the amount per hundred)
- percentage ,
- percent ,
- per centum ,
Examples of using
Ninety percent of the people in this country don't exercise regularly.
We have a five percent chance of success.
The chance of that happening is less than a thousandth of a percent.
A mortgage rate of six percent is becoming the current industry average.
Only 2.1 percent of the music albums released in 2009 sold 5,000 copies or more.
The price of rice rose by more than three percent.
She has a 10 percent interest in the company.
Over ten percent of them can do the work.
I paid fifty percent down for the car.
If you agree to buy 3000 of them, we'll give you a 3 percent discount.
Prices have risen by 50 percent during the past ten years.
More than 90 percent of a web page visits are from search engines.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana