Meaning & Definition of Paradigm in English
1. Systematic arrangement of all the inflected forms of a word
2. A standard or typical example
- "He is the prototype of good breeding"
- "He provided america with an image of the good father"
- prototype ,
- paradigm ,
- epitome ,
3. The class of all items that can be substituted into the same position (or slot) in a grammatical sentence (are in paradigmatic relation with one another)
- substitution class ,
4. The generally accepted perspective of a particular discipline at a given time
- "He framed the problem within the psychoanalytic paradigm"