Meaning & Definition of Par in English
1. (golf) the standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course
- "A par-5 hole"
- "Par for this course is 72"
2. A state of being essentially equal or equivalent
- Equally balanced
- "On a par with the best"
- equality ,
- equivalence ,
- equation ,
1. Make a score (on a hole) equal to par
Examples of using
Nothing separates a pair joined by fate.
His command of English is on a par with mine.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana