Meaning & Definition of Panic in English
1. An overwhelming feeling of fear and anxiety
2. Sudden mass fear and anxiety over anticipated events
- "Panic in the stock market"
- "A war scare"
- "A bomb scare led them to evacuate the building"
1. Be overcome by a sudden fear
- "The students panicked when told that final exams were less than a week away"
2. Cause sudden fear in or fill with sudden panic
- "The mere thought of an isolation cell panicked the prisoners"
Examples of using
Tom is having a panic attack.
Tom tried not to panic.
Please don't panic.