Meaning & Definition of Over in English
1. (cricket) the division of play during which six balls are bowled at the batsman by one player from the other team from the same end of the pitch
1. Having come or been brought to a conclusion
- "The harvesting was complete"
- "The affair is over, ended, finished"
- "The abruptly terminated interview"
- complete ,
- concluded ,
- ended ,
- over(p) ,
- all over ,
1. At or to a point across intervening space etc.
- "Come over and see us some time"
- "Over there"
2. Throughout an area
- "He is known the world over"
3. Throughout a period of time
- "Stay over the weekend"
- over ,
4. Beyond the top or upper surface or edge
- Forward from an upright position
- "A roof that hangs over"
5. Over the entire area
- "The wallpaper was covered all over with flowers"
- "She ached all over"
- "Everything was dusted over with a fine layer of soot"
- all over ,
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana