Meaning & Definition of Outlet in English
1. A place of business for retailing goods
- mercantile establishment,
- retail store,
- sales outlet,
2. Receptacle providing a place in a wiring system where current can be taken to run electrical devices
- wall socket,
- wall plug,
- electric outlet,
- electrical outlet,
- electric receptacle
3. An opening that permits escape or release
- "He blocked the way out"
- "The canyon had only one issue"
- way out
4. Activity that frees or expresses creative energy or emotion
- "She had no other outlet for her feelings"
- "He gave vent to his anger"