Meaning & Definition of Original in English
1. An original creation (i.e., an audio recording) from which copies can be made
- master ,
- master copy ,
2. Something that serves as a model or a basis for making copies
- "This painting is a copy of the original"
- original ,
- archetype ,
1. Preceding all others in time or being as first made or performed
- "The original inhabitants of the americas"
- "The book still has its original binding"
- "Restored the house to its original condition"
- "The original performance of the opera"
- "The original cast"
- "Retracted his original statement"
2. (of e.g. information) not secondhand or by way of something intermediary
- "His work is based on only original, not secondary, sources"
3. Being or productive of something fresh and unusual
- Or being as first made or thought of
- "A truly original approach"
- "With original music"
- "An original mind"
4. Not derived or copied or translated from something else
- "The play is original
- Not an adaptation"
- "He kept the original copy and gave her only a xerox"
- "The translation misses much of the subtlety of the original french"
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana