Meaning & Definition of Operational in English
1. Pertaining to a process or series of actions for achieving a result
- "Operational difficulties"
- "They assumed their operational positions"
2. Fit or ready for use or service
- "The toaster was still functional even after being dropped"
- "The lawnmower is a bit rusty but still usable"
- "An operational aircraft"
- "The dishwasher is now in working order"
3. (military) of or intended for or involved in military operations
4. Being in effect or operation
- "De facto apartheid is still operational even in the `new' african nations"- leslie marmon silko
- "Bus service is in operation during the emergency"
- "The company had several operating divisions"
- in operation(p),