Meaning & Definition of Offset in English
1. The time at which something is supposed to begin
- "They got an early start"
- "She knew from the get-go that he was the man for her"
- starting time,
2. A compensating equivalent
3. A horizontal branch from the base of plant that produces new plants from buds at its tips
4. A natural consequence of development
5. A plate makes an inked impression on a rubber-blanketed cylinder, which in turn transfers it to the paper
- offset printing
6. Structure where a wall or building narrows abruptly
1. Compensate for or counterbalance
- "Offset deposits and withdrawals"
2. Make up for
- "His skills offset his opponent's superior strength"
- set off
3. Cause (printed matter) to transfer or smear onto another surface
4. Create an offset in
- "Offset a wall"
5. Produce by offset printing
- "Offset the conference proceedings"