Meaning & Definition of Officer in English
1. Any person in the armed services who holds a position of authority or command
- "An officer is responsible for the lives of his men"
- military officer ,
2. Someone who is appointed or elected to an office and who holds a position of trust
- "He is an officer of the court"
- "The club elected its officers for the coming year"
- officeholder ,
3. A member of a police force
- "It was an accident, officer"
- policeman ,
- police officer ,
4. A person authorized to serve in a position of authority on a vessel
- "He is the officer in charge of the ship's engines"
- officer ,
- ship's officer
1. Direct or command as an officer
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana