Meaning & Definition of Occupation in English
1. The principal activity in your life that you do to earn money
- "He's not in my line of business"
- line of work,
2. The control of a country by military forces of a foreign power
- military control
3. Any activity that occupies a person's attention
- "He missed the bell in his occupation with the computer game"
4. The act of occupying or taking possession of a building
- "Occupation of a building without a certificate of occupancy is illegal"
- moving in
5. The period of time during which a place or position or nation is occupied
- "During the german occupation of paris"