Meaning & Definition of Occasion in English
1. An event that occurs at a critical time
- "At such junctures he always had an impulse to leave"
- "It was needed only on special occasions"
- juncture ,
2. A vaguely specified social event
- "The party was quite an affair"
- "An occasion arranged to honor the president"
- "A seemingly endless round of social functions"
- affair ,
- occasion ,
- social occasion ,
- function ,
- social function
- "There was no occasion for complaint"
4. The time of a particular event
- "On the occasion of his 60th birthday"
5. An opportunity to do something
- "There was never an occasion for her to demonstrate her skill"
1. Give occasion to
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana