Meaning & Definition of Oath in English
1. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger
- "Expletives were deleted"
- curse ,
- curse word ,
- expletive ,
- oath ,
- swearing ,
- swearword ,
2. A commitment to tell the truth (especially in a court of law)
- To lie under oath is to become subject to prosecution for perjury
- oath ,
3. A solemn promise, usually invoking a divine witness, regarding your future acts or behavior
- "They took an oath of allegiance"
Examples of using
When the Father asked the bride to repeat the oath, she stayed silent.
Some doctors are in favor of euthanasia while others believe it goes against the Hippocratic oath.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana