Meaning & Definition of Nurse in English
1. One skilled in caring for young children or the sick (usually under the supervision of a physician)
2. A woman who is the custodian of children
- nanny ,
- nursemaid ,
1. Try to cure by special care of treatment, of an illness or injury
- "He nursed his cold with chinese herbs"
2. Maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings)
- "Bear a grudge"
- "Entertain interesting notions"
- "Harbor a resentment"
- harbor ,
- harbour ,
- hold ,
- entertain ,
3. Serve as a nurse
- Care for sick or handicapped people
4. Treat carefully
- "He nursed his injured back by lying in bed several hours every afternoon"
- "He nursed the flowers in his garden and fertilized them regularly"
5. Give suck to
- "The wetnurse suckled the infant"
- "You cannot nurse your baby in public in some places"
- breastfeed ,
- suckle ,
- suck ,
- nurse ,
- wet-nurse ,
- lactate ,
- give suck
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana