Meaning & Definition of Notion in English
1. A vague idea in which some confidence is placed
- "His impression of her was favorable"
- "What are your feelings about the crisis?"
- "It strengthened my belief in his sincerity"
- "I had a feeling that she was lying"
- impression ,
- feeling ,
- belief ,
- notion ,
2. A general inclusive concept
3. An odd or fanciful or capricious idea
- "The theatrical notion of disguise is associated with disaster in his stories"
- "He had a whimsy about flying to the moon"
- "Whimsy can be humorous to someone with time to enjoy it"
- notion ,
- whim ,
- whimsy ,
4. (usually plural) small personal articles or clothing or sewing items
- "Buttons and needles are notions"
Examples of using
I've lost notion of time.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana