Meaning & Definition of Normal in English
1. Something regarded as a normative example
- "The convention of not naming the main character"
- "Violence is the rule not the exception"
- "His formula for impressing visitors"
1. Conforming with or constituting a norm or standard or level or type or social norm
- Not abnormal
- "Serve wine at normal room temperature"
- "Normal diplomatic relations"
- "Normal working hours"
- "Normal word order"
- "Normal curiosity"
- "The normal course of events"
2. In accordance with scientific laws
3. Being approximately average or within certain limits in e.g. intelligence and development
- "A perfectly normal child"
- "Of normal intelligence"
- "The most normal person i've ever met"
4. Forming a right angle