Meaning & Definition of Nominal in English
1. A phrase that can function as the subject or object of a verb
- noun phrase ,
- nominal phrase ,
1. Relating to or constituting or bearing or giving a name
- "The russian system of nominal brevity"
- "A nominal lists of priests"
- "Taxable males as revealed by the nominal rolls"
2. Insignificantly small
- A matter of form only (`tokenish' is informal)
- "The fee was nominal"
- "A token gesture of resistance"
- "A toknenish gesture"
- nominal ,
- token(a) ,
3. Pertaining to a noun or to a word group that functions as a noun
- "Nominal phrase"
- "Noun phrase"
4. Of, relating to, or characteristic of an amount that is not adjusted for inflation
- "The nominal gdp"
- "Nominal interest rates"
- Bearing the name of a specific person
- "Nominative shares of stock"
- nominative ,
6. Existing in name only
- "The nominal (or titular) head of his party"
- nominal ,
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana