Meaning & Definition of Night in English
1. The time after sunset and before sunrise while it is dark outside
2. A period of ignorance or backwardness or gloom
3. The period spent sleeping
- "I had a restless night"
4. The dark part of the diurnal cycle considered a time unit
- "Three nights later he collapsed"
- "It vanished into the night"
6. A shortening of nightfall
- "They worked from morning to night"
7. The time between sunset and midnight
- "He watched television every night"
8. Roman goddess of night
- Daughter of erebus
- Counterpart of greek nyx