Meaning & Definition of Nice in English
1. A city in southeastern france on the mediterranean
- The leading resort on the french riviera
1. Pleasant or pleasing or agreeable in nature or appearance
- "What a nice fellow you are and we all thought you so nasty"- george meredith
- "Nice manners"
- "A nice dress"
- "A nice face"
- "A nice day"
- "Had a nice time at the party"
- "The corn and tomatoes are nice today"
2. Socially or conventionally correct
- Refined or virtuous
- "From a decent family"
- "A nice girl"
3. Done with delicacy and skill
- "A nice bit of craft"
- "A job requiring nice measurements with a micrometer"
- "A nice shot"
4. Excessively fastidious and easily disgusted
- "Too nice about his food to take to camp cooking"
- "So squeamish he would only touch the toilet handle with his elbow"
5. Exhibiting courtesy and politeness
- "A nice gesture"