Meaning & Definition of Network in English
1. An interconnected system of things or people
- "He owned a network of shops"
- "Retirement meant dropping out of a whole network of people who had been part of my life"
- "Tangled in a web of cloth"
2. (broadcasting) a communication system consisting of a group of broadcasting stations that all transmit the same programs
- "The networks compete to broadcast important sports events"
3. An open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals
4. A system of intersecting lines or channels
- "A railroad network"
- "A network of canals"
5. (electronics) a system of interconnected electronic components or circuits
- electronic network
1. Communicate with and within a group
- "You have to network if you want to get a good job"