Meaning & Definition of Necessary in English
1. Anything indispensable
- "Food and shelter are necessities of life"
- "The essentials of the good life"
- "Allow farmers to buy their requirements under favorable conditions"
- "A place where the requisites of water fuel and fodder can be obtained"
- necessity ,
- essential ,
- requirement ,
- requisite ,
1. Absolutely essential
2. Unavoidably determined by prior circumstances
- "The necessary consequences of one's actions"
Examples of using
None of this would have been necessary if we had followed Tom's advice.
No, it's not necessary.
It won't be necessary, I think.