Meaning & Definition of Mystery in English
1. Something that baffles understanding and cannot be explained
- "How it got out is a mystery"
- "It remains one of nature's secrets"
- mystery ,
- enigma ,
- secret ,
- closed book
2. A story about a crime (usually murder) presented as a novel or play or movie
- mystery ,
- mystery story ,
Examples of using
I only believe in Love — ubiquitous manifestation of Divinity; supreme law governing the atoms and galaxies; sublime mystery that generates and maintains the eternal miracle of life.
Russia is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.
Tom likes mystery.
Nature is full of mystery.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present".
The mystery of her death was never solved.
He had no difficulty explaining the mystery.
The cause of his death still remains a mystery.
The mystery of life is beyond human understanding.
We never got a clear explanation of the mystery.
This letter is the only key to the mystery.
This is the key to the whole mystery.
Why people fall into these categories, however, is a mystery.
The affair is still wrapped in mystery.
Space is full of mystery.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana