Meaning & Definition of Month in English
1. One of the twelve divisions of the calendar year
- "He paid the bill last month"
- calendar month ,
2. A time unit of approximately 30 days
- "He was given a month to pay the bill"
Examples of using
Tom's family often runs out of food near the end of the month.
I won't be here next month.
Tom won't be here next month.
Every month, there were two cases of murder.
I bought it a month ago.
I have known George for a month.
The month before Christmas is a very busy time of year for stores.
I corrected the sentence after almost one month without response.
April is the cruellest month.
January is the first month of the year, April is the fourth, November is the eleventh, and December is the twelfth.
Every month I get paid 300,000 yen.
He will be very busy next month.
She's been in the hospital for a month.
Next Monday, she'll have been in the hospital for a month.
My brother-in-law came here from Rio de Janeiro on the thirtieth last month and tomorrow he is going to leave for Sao Paulo.
Not seeing them for a whole month makes me sad.
We're going to travel to Estonia at the end of next month.
We're going to travel to Estonia next month.
I moved last month.
January is the first month of the year, April is the fourth, November is the eleventh, December is the twelfth.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana