Meaning & Definition of Model in English
1. A hypothetical description of a complex entity or process
- "The computer program was based on a model of the circulatory and respiratory systems"
- theoretical account,
2. A type of product
- "His car was an old model"
3. A person who poses for a photographer or painter or sculptor
- "The president didn't have time to be a model so the artist worked from photos"
4. Representation of something (sometimes on a smaller scale)
5. Something to be imitated
- "An exemplar of success"
- "A model of clarity"
- "He is the very model of a modern major general"
- good example
6. Someone worthy of imitation
- "Every child needs a role model"
- role model
7. A representative form or pattern
- "I profited from his example"
8. A woman who wears clothes to display fashions
- "She was too fat to be a mannequin"
- fashion model,
9. The act of representing something (usually on a smaller scale)
1. Plan or create according to a model or models
2. Form in clay, wax, etc
- "Model a head with clay"
3. Assume a posture as for artistic purposes
- "We don't know the woman who posed for leonardo so often"
4. Display (clothes) as a mannequin
- "Model the latest fashion"
5. Create a representation or model of
- "The pilots are trained in conditions simulating high-altitude flights"
6. Construct a model of
- "Model an airplane"
- mock up
1. Worthy of imitation
- "Exemplary behavior"
- "Model citizens"