Meaning & Definition of Mistake in English
1. A wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention
- "He made a bad mistake"
- "She was quick to point out my errors"
- "I could understand his english in spite of his grammatical faults"
2. An understanding of something that is not correct
- "He wasn't going to admit his mistake"
- "Make no mistake about his intentions"
- "There must be some misunderstanding--i don't have a sister"
3. Part of a statement that is not correct
- "The book was full of errors"
1. Identify incorrectly
- "Don't mistake her for her twin sister"
2. To make a mistake or be incorrect
Examples of using
Don't worry. We can remedy the mistake we've made.
He who makes no mistake, does nothing.
There's a mistake in the third last line.