Meaning & Definition of Mighty in English
1. Having or showing great strength or force or intensity
- "Struck a mighty blow"
- "The mighty logger paul bunyan"
- "The pen is mightier than the sword"- bulwer-lytton
1. (southern regional intensive) very
- To a great degree
- "The baby is mighty cute"
- "He's mighty tired"
- "It is powerful humid"
- "That boy is powerful big now"
- "They have a right nice place"
- "They rejoiced mightily"
- mighty ,
- mightily ,
- powerful ,
Examples of using
Tom is а mighty important figure in our town.
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
Japan is a mighty nation.