Meaning & Definition of Metal in English
1. Any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets etc.
- metallic element ,
2. A mixture containing two or more metallic elements or metallic and nonmetallic elements usually fused together or dissolving into each other when molten
- "Brass is an alloy of zinc and copper"
- alloy ,
1. Cover with metal
1. Containing or made of or resembling or characteristic of a metal
- "A metallic compound"
- "Metallic luster"
- "The strange metallic note of the meadow lark, suggesting the clash of vibrant blades"- ambrose bierce
- metallic ,