Meaning & Definition of Mere in English
1. A small pond of standing water
1. Being nothing more than specified
- "A mere child"
2. Apart from anything else
- Without additions or modifications
- "Only the bare facts"
- "Shocked by the mere idea"
- "The simple passage of time was enough"
- "The simple truth"
- bare(a) ,
- mere(a) ,
Examples of using
Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation.
Quantum physics is too difficult for a mere mortal to understand.
She's weak, powerless. A mere human.
She is a mere child, you know.
The mere thought of her son warmed her heart.
The mere thought of a snake makes me shiver.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana