Meaning & Definition of Membership in English
1. The body of members of an organization or group
- "They polled their membership"
- "They found dissension in their own ranks"
- "He joined the ranks of the unemployed"
- membership ,
2. The state of being a member
Examples of using
We were more than satisfied when the Romanian Government, even before its membership of the European Union, showed its readiness to accept this directive.
Everybody knows the line “The boy was firm on the interrogation”, but nowadays many people don’t know the continuation: it is a verse about a boy that died, having refused to renounce the membership of Komsomol.
Each member has to pay a membership fee.