Meaning & Definition of Member in English
1. One of the persons who compose a social group (especially individuals who have joined and participate in a group organization)
- "Only members will be admitted"
- "A member of the faculty"
- "She was introduced to all the members of his family"
- member ,
- fellow member
2. Anything that belongs to a set or class
- "Snakes are members of the class reptilia"
- "Members of the opposite sex"
3. An external body part that projects from the body
- "It is important to keep the extremities warm"
- extremity ,
- appendage ,
4. An organization that is a member of another organization (especially a state that belongs to a group of nations)
- "The library was a member of the interlibrary loan association"
- "Canada is a member of the united nations"
5. The male organ of copulation (`member' is a euphemism)
- penis ,
- phallus ,