Meaning & Definition of Marathon in English
1. Any long and arduous undertaking
- marathon ,
- endurance contest
2. A footrace of 26 miles 385 yards
3. A battle in 490 bc in which the athenians and their allies defeated the persians
- Marathon ,
- battle of Marathon
Examples of using
The doctor wouldn't allow me to take part in the marathon.
She can run a full marathon.
There was a marathon at school today and we were very tired.
One hundred and fifty people entered the marathon race.
The doctor forbade me to take part in the marathon.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana