Meaning & Definition of Mail in English
1. The bags of letters and packages that are transported by the postal service
2. The system whereby messages are transmitted via the post office
- "The mail handles billions of items every day"
- "He works for the united states mail service"
- "In england they call mail `the post'"
- mail service ,
- postal service ,
3. A conveyance that transports the letters and packages that are conveyed by the postal system
4. Any particular collection of letters or packages that is delivered
- "Your mail is on the table"
- "Is there any post for me?"
- "She was opening her post"
5. (middle ages) flexible armor made of interlinked metal rings
- chain mail ,
- ring mail ,
- chain armor ,
- chain armour ,
- ring armor ,
- ring armour
1. Send via the postal service
- "I'll mail you the check tomorrow"
- get off
2. Cause to be directed or transmitted to another place
- "Send me your latest results"
- "I'll mail you the paper when it's written"
- post ,