Meaning & Definition of Magnitude in English
1. The property of relative size or extent (whether large or small)
- "They tried to predict the magnitude of the explosion"
- "About the magnitude of a small pea"
2. A number assigned to the ratio of two quantities
- Two quantities are of the same order of magnitude if one is less than 10 times as large as the other
- The number of magnitudes that the quantities differ is specified to within a power of 10
- order of magnitude ,
3. Relative importance
- "A problem of the first magnitude"
Examples of using
This symbol is intended to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated "dangerous voltage" within the product's enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons.
I've never seen a pearl of such magnitude!
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana