Meaning & Definition of Lodge in English
1. English physicist who studied electromagnetic radiation and was a pioneer of radiotelegraphy (1851-1940)
- Sir Oliver Lodge,
- Sir Oliver Joseph Lodge
2. A formal association of people with similar interests
- "He joined a golf club"
- "They formed a small lunch society"
- "Men from the fraternal order will staff the soup kitchen today"
- social club,
3. Small house at the entrance to the grounds of a country mansion
- Usually occupied by a gatekeeper or gardener
4. A small (rustic) house used as a temporary shelter
- hunting lodge
5. Any of various native american dwellings
- indian lodge
6. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers
1. Be a lodger
- Stay temporarily
- "Where are you lodging in paris?"
2. Put, fix, force, or implant
- "Lodge a bullet in the table"
- "Stick your thumb in the crack"
3. File a formal charge against
- "The suspect was charged with murdering his wife"
4. Provide housing for
- "We are lodging three foreign students this semester"